Sunday, April 3, 2011

WHITE ELEPHANT TACO SUNDAY

(i bet those four words have never been put together before)

It was chicken taco night in Hwajeong, blog!

Co-workers had a friend visiting from states side (Washington state to be exact) and she brought tortillas, made some salsa and we made chicken tacos (they made, we assembled). We added on a little cilantro, onions, Mexican rice, lemon juice and were locked and loaded.


I had about 8.





After dinner we had a white elephant gift exchange. It's where you bring a cheap gift ($2 limit) and you don't know who brought what. Then everyone picks a gift at random, you guess who brought it and then you open it, or instead of picking a new gift you can steal someone else's gift. Anyway this is what I got!:





Those are mini flowers! Trust me when I say that my apartment needed something to class the place up a bit, at least for a couple of days. I was psyched.

Other than taco night it was a really mellow weekend. Although I heard it was nice weather outside, I spent about the same number of minutes outside this weekend as the Padres scored runs in their first two games. For you non-friar-faithful that's about 15. Kept everything minimal which was nice. Shopping, cleaning, laundry....video games.....more video games.

Well mellow weekend besides Friday night I supposed. On Friday we did our usual Friday night BBQ routine and then went to a nore-bang, which is a karaoke room you rent out with a couple friends and sing to your heart's desire (or time runs out).


Here's a grainy picture of what the room looked like. I didn't realize it at the time but we spent TWO hours in there. Wow, we must have really been awesome singers (nope).

This week should be decent. New morning schedule because one of the Korean teachers took a month off and now she's coming back, I have two less classes now!! Also payday is Thursday. $$.




No comments:

Post a Comment