Thursday, March 31, 2011

THE W.




KEEPING THE FAITH
IN KOREA 




Woke up around 6am and caught from the 5th inning on of the Padre's 5-3 victory in 11 innings. I turned it on at the perfect moment, because for two innings it was a 2-2 tie and the pace was slow while I still woke up and then the game picked up as I got to full functionality. If my neighbors were planning on sleeping in I owe them an apology, started pacing clapping yelling and the full rigmarole of animation and dedication which all payed off as the boys took a great road win for the first W. of the year. What was also chill was that I was able to chat about the game with friends back home while it was going on. The internet-- it's the best thing ever.

Also, Cameron Maybin: HERO. 

Making a great morning even better I headed out (rocking the above shown Pads wear) with full pride to Dunkin Donuts to grab a bagel and coffee for breakfast and the manager gave me a free donut! It's called 'service' here which means either you come some place a lot or that you've already spent a bunch of money and so the restaurant gives you something free.

Halting my grand morning plans though, the Internet guy is 1 hour+ behind schedule. The good news about mooching off of free wifi is that even when/if he does come and I can still sit here and surf while he works. But for now I'm stuck writing this and streaming online the ball game between, as my Dad would say, 'the no-good-rotten-stinking Dodgers' playing the Giants (also worth of the same moniker).

No comments:

Post a Comment