Monday, March 7, 2011

FOOTBALL SUNDAY

Hey hey blog,

This weekend was long! Hung out and had pizza and chicken and watched TV after work with some co workers on Friday. Saturday I PLANNED on just relaxing and going in to the City to get some more stuff for my apartment but got talked into going out and that was fun. Sunday though I went to the home opener of FC Seoul football club! They won the championship last year and there were a lot of people at the game. It was a ton of fun but they lost 2-0 to Suwan or someone so the crowd didn't really get a chance to go nuts. Here are some pics:


This is a little before kick off. Those banners hanging from the roof of World Cup Stadium are enormous. 




Here's the best thing about this game: it was like 10 bucks or less to get in and the food and drinks were really cheap. Lunch, a pair of beers, and my ticket was less than $20.


From the first angle the stadium looks packed, but in this shot it looks sort of empty. There were still 50k people there so I guess it just shows how big it really is. The side across the way that you see here was the opposing team side. So all those people are for the other team and they went nuts.



I tried to take another picture of the stadium when I got off the train but it was literally too big to fit into the frame of my camera. This was the best I got. Notice something about that sign? Yes, it's huge. Also....it's in English!

Right now I'm pretty wiped out! Mondays are sort of brutal. 9 hours, 9:30-6:30 with the only 'break' coming in the morning. However I use that 30 min 'break' to do some cram prepping for the rest of my classes, and since lunch time involves me serving food and eating in a classroom with 8 5 year-olds making sure they stay seated and eat their rice, there is not much/nothing at all resembling a breather throughout the day. I didn't help myself out but going out and doing stuff both Saturday and Sunday but fun comes at a price!

Got through it as always and IT'S PAY DAY! So had some Korean BBQ and kicked it after work. As far as the pay check goes first up - bill pay, second up - real sheets finally. Third up - maybe plan something for my big ol 25th bday in a couple weeks. And groceries. I should get those at some point too. OH OH and I am going to get MLB.TV so as to watch my boys the Pads take it to the NL west! YYYEEAAAHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment