Thursday, March 3, 2011

CAGED

And an almost Friday to you too, blog!

Couple of interesting things happened today. First and foremost, I got outright CAGED for the first time in Korea! It's been so long. For those of you who don't hang out with me in public, 'Gettin Caged' is when people giggle to themselves after looking at me, and then finally get the nerve to ask me if anyone has ever told me that I look like Nick Cage. Today it was the two dumpling ladies who run a tasty dumpling shop/cart outside our work. At first we thought that they were laughing at our struggle to speak Korean, but nope, it was me gettin Caged. I've never been bothered by it, usually it's hilarious and people get a kick out of it. Can you see the resemblance? 


A student of mine took this pic a few weeks ago.




I got my schedule for the next month today. I am one class away from the max capacity (ED. NOTE since original posting I have been bumped up to max number) of classes for one week at 39 classes. So it is def stacked up. Mondays and Wednesdays I go 9 classes in a day, with 8 of those classes coming without a scheduled break. But that's really the only drawback. The rest is all gravy! I am still a 'floater' so I don't have a homeroom which means a lot less work involved, I teach classes like science and art and a class that uses shows from the Cartoon Network as it's course materials.

But today I got some good news! One of my classes I've had for the last two months called English World is one of my favorites. The kids are Sam 'The Main Event', 'Tink' Tinkerbell, 'Flyin' Brian, and a couple other kids that just joined. It's a great class and I think that we have a lot of fun and still learn a lot. I wasn't scheduled to teach that class next month and apparently a couple of the Mom's teamed up, came in, sat down with my academic manager and requested that I be switched back to teaching it! So I got switched out of a harder (to teach/more prep work) class back into one of my favorites!

There isn't a lot of positive feedback at our school. Partially because Moms usually only come into complain. So it's nice to get a compliment of sorts like that.

OH AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE? My schedule is filled, true, and it's uneven too - that's because I have FRIDAY MORNINGS OFF. Can you believe it!? My first class isn't until 1:30 on Fridays.

So happy March everyone, hope yours will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment