Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BIRTHDAY & FIELD TRIP

Big 25 blog,

Birthday (part I, the II will on a non-school night) was Monday and it was awesome. School day wasn't all that interesting. Classes went pretty well. Highlight was probably Monday afternoon when my manager tried to trick me by (not at all, more like offered the option) of giving me the morning off today during a school field trip to see a play, but really my missing the trip would have canceled out my overtime for the month so ya better believe showed up bright and early to chaperon!!

Back to Monday night though, myself and my three coworkers headed out to a Korean BBQ restaurant, actually my it was the first restaurant I went to in Korea my first night here. It was  DELICIOUS. We ordered some unknown but fantastically marinated meat, a few beverages, as usual the food it came with a ton of side dishes, and we hung out for a good while. Good way to start a work week eh?


Probably look a lot like the last BBQ pic I posted but what kind of makes this place stand out is that they put this spicy battered egg in the ring around the BBQ so that it cooks into a delicious spicy egg loaf (eat your heart out school lunch).




Besides the obvious rice, meat, egg (and beer) on the table there are onions (we learned the hard way that you don't cook those), there's the thin meat sauce to the right of the onions, soup in the bottom right, some garlic cloves, spicy bean sprouts, and at the bottom left that looks like beef jerky but it's actually purple lettuce that u use to wrap everything and then eat it in one bite. It's seriously outstanding. Like a healthy strange lil taco.



And then we had cake!! The cakes in Korea are impressive. This is a custard cake with fresh fruit on top. It was a gift from the co-workers, we came back from dinner feeling pretty good ;) and we meet up with the co-worker's girlfriends, ate the cake and played 90's alt rock jams from 7th grade. Sum good timmes.


Also we went on a field trip today. We went to a play - I don't know much because it was all in Korean but here is my rundown of the day: We bussed' up and went to a big mall. In the mall there was a lil stage and our school along with 3 or 4 other schools watched the play which was about.......something. I know that there was an big egg that seemed to be the center of the plot, talking totem poles, a pig, a hen, someone was sad because they broke a window or something, and at the end this massive puppet came and took the egg and all seemed to end well. Anyway here are some pics I snagged!









No comments:

Post a Comment