Friday, March 11, 2011

LUNCHIN

Ah, Saturdays are good blog.

I've only been awake for 20 min of this Saturday, but I bet it'll be a fun one. The last two days were really good though. IN PARTICULAR, the school lunches. They school provides lunch for the students and teachers, it's outsourced to somewhere and arrives every morning.

On Thursday I have a break before and a break after lunch. So I went to the bank - like everything in the Burbs it's a two min walk - and paid some bills. There's a really great machine in the bank that looks like an ATM, where you just insert whatever bill you have and then pay it right there instantaneously! Ingenuous. Anyway after that I was going for a walk - when the place at which you work has absolutely no windows, a nice morning stroll outdoors is a rare and welcome commodity - and I decided to stop and get some lunch.




Eating out for lunch is sometimes a roll of the dice because the school lunches are usually decent once or twice a week. So if you eat out during of of the two good days you feel like you wasted 5 bucks. But on Thursday eating lunch turned out to be a phenomenal decision because we had egg-loaf with rice and squid soup! Oh man that egg-loaf is nasty, it's like a block of egg with little veggies in it, which doesn't sound THAT bad but keep in mind it's cold, phenomenally un-filling for a human adult, and also it's delivered five hours before it's eaten so the egg sits out in the open for hours and hours and that's unsettling as well.

Then on Friday I don't have to be a work until noon so I could have ate out for lunch, but I didn't and at school we had the best lunch of the year! We had spaghetti with chicken salad, veggies and cream soup with some bread to accompany it! All of the foreign teachers were ecstatic. So I was 2 for 2 on my lunch time decision making this week.

Friday was also a great day in general, I only had five classes instead of the usual 9, all the kids were being good, my boss was nice, and I had done a lot of prep on Thursday so I could just stroll into class with all my materials and not worry about a thing.

So I was feeling good! Then about six of us went down to our favorite Korean BBQ place for dinner to celebrate the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. how is the BBQ? Looks delish...nice alternative to the egg-loaf--WTF?

    ReplyDelete