Monday, March 28, 2011

TALE OF TWO MEALS

Decent Monday, blog,

Who am I kidding today was great. In my afternoon classes I mostly had tests so I didn't have to do much. Morning classes were a breeze. O there was the basketball thing I guess.

Bought a basketball last week after I went on Google Earth and found a court not three blocks away. SO I headed down there today, it was at a high school and I was there about 7:15pm. About 7:30 this woman walking by started shouting at me. I was sort of zoned out (kinda the point of shooting around in the first place) so she was yelling for probably 2 min before I acknowledge her. Apparently school was still in session and she wanted me to leave which I did of course. But it got me thinking...In Korea, if I can only go to a high school when there's no school then I have about a 4 hour gap only on Sundays to play ball. Meh, Sundays it is.

Let's talk about food!






I went out for dinner after I was booted from the court and had my favorite meal to keep my spirits up. It was delicious, and I was pretty hungry because lunch today was about a B-.

We'll start with school's Famous Quail Egg and Tofu Loaf With Spicy Broccoli and Kimchi. It's aight. I liked the spicy broccoli, the quail egg is pretty bland the and the loaf is to my taste buds what the color gray is to anything.

The meal in the second picture is fantastic - Chamchee Be-Beam-Bop. It's tuna over rice with carrots, lettuce, bean sprouts, lotus root and some shredded sea weed on top. BUT the most important part to me is what's in that red tube. That's the spice, meaning the restaurant doesn't add it, I do at to my own liking and can control the the level of heat. After you add the spice you mix it all up and dig in. Like most delicious meals it has those side dishes too and comes to a total price of about $3.75.

On to Tuesday. Management wants us to stay after school two or three days this week ("You get out early on Tuesdays and Thursdays so can you stay after...." was their exact quote, which is mgmt speak for 'hey you are here only 9 or 10 hours those days instead of the usual 11 hours so you obviously have personal time you'd like to give us') and organize the library books based on their English ability levels. The bosses said they would pay us half our hourly wage to do it, we said 2/3rds and we want pizza since we're staying into our dinner time. We'll see.

Three more days till my boys of summer take the field! Going to set up my MLB.TV tonight, Go Pads!

No comments:

Post a Comment