Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yeah.....About that Deal....(and more pictuers)

Drowsy, blog,

Where as first the meal and extra paid work seemed like a do-able deal, by day three it's taking a bit of a toll. Worked extra couple hours yesterday, three today. Two 12 hour days and I'm sort of a zombie when I get home. They fed us again the last two days but not quite the feast like the first day, more like one roll of kimbop, which is a sushi roll-esk enterprise as aforementioned here, not as filling as the feast was but quicker to eat.

Anyway sort of a big day tomorrow: I want to get up to watch MY Padres opening day on MLB.TV at (or around, let's be real) 5:15 am, then I have the internet guy coming at 10 to install me some of them intrawebs so I can stop mooching off this unreliable free wi-fi, then if there is enough time --- there better be... I'm lookin at you, future internet installer man --- I am going to try and squeeze a hair cut in before noon, and at 1:30 pm I will start to power through a block of six hours worth of seven classes straight w/o a break, followed by some extra work at the library afterwords and then it's the freakin weekend baby bout to have me some fun!!!

Today was the last day of this month's block-o-afternoon classes so in homage here are a few pics I snapped of some afternoon kids.

Starting with the Usual Suspects (wouldn't be a picture post update with out them), Sam 'The Main Even' and Tinkerbell. Watch this progression:


1. Take a picture of Matt Teacher.



 


2. Review said picture. 

3. 

Okay below is 'The Main Event', a shy goofy kid, who usually wears normal clothes in general, but this day he rolls into class in this brand new matching nike track suit looking like a yuppie.  Then during the snack party, we are all having a goofy fun time and his phone rings. Cool as a cucumber he stands up walks a few feet away, answers his phone, has a causal conversation (in my head I heard him saying "Yea? Okay buy, sell, buy, sell, good? Hold my calls") and then walks back to his chair and sits down as if nothing's awry. The other kids were memorized.


Here's Erica, when I broke out my phone to take pics I heard the funnies rustling noise and it was all 3.5 feet of her and her beige trench coat absolutely dead SPRINTING across the room to stand next to me and take a picture too. I mean look at the concentration on her face: 


Grace!!! Grace is awesome. 'S all there is to it.
 

Ah Rose. Adorable. Her and her twin sister Jewelry who is behind her (notice Rose's headband is red, and Jewelry's is pink? Bless her mom for that distinction) have been a BLAST to have in class the last two months. They follow directions really well, work hard, and all they want in exchange are high-fives.


Okay check out the smile in the picture above. After I took that picture she shook her head and looked worried and said "Matt Teacher no" which means something was wrong, so I said 'Okay one more time' and I took another one because I figured she thought she forgot to smile or something. 


THIS is what she wanted to change to:





bahahaha WHY?!?


That's all the updatin for tonight. Wish me luck getting any of the stuff that needs a gettin done tomorrow done.


GO PADS.

1 comment:

  1. freakin' hilarious! These kids are cute, funny, with a sprinkle of nutty mixed in. Sam "the main event" is a buddying bookie I think...or some sort of sporting goods broker (with that track suit).

    ReplyDelete