Monday, April 25, 2011

IT'S SCIENCE!!

I teach science, blog,

It's what I do. Well on Monday mornings. I have three classes and they are all science. The science activities come in little kits from some outsourced company called Dream Science every month. Usually out of the four weeks in a month one science activity is a puzzle, one is something to do with magnets or something, and one includes a battery! That's usually the last one that has the battery and since this is the last week of April, we made a lamp!

Here is a set of pictures from today's Yale class working on their lamps. Warning: this comparison might upset some former Harvard University Presidents. These two pictures were take within seconds of each other. First it's Alice bringing light to the class. 


Next is William, trying to figure out... well everything. Don't worry after a few minutes everyone in the class had a working light. We also used those scissors behind his head as a conductor (conduit? I teach science, and am not a science teacher haha) for the battery to power the light. It's science!





Speaking of science: Boys will be boys. This is Frank, a sort of shy 12 year old kid my last class of the day. It's a discussion class with two other kids who are girls and Frank usually doesn't say much. BUT today both the girls were absent for the first time. So we breezed through the work, and spent the rest of the time doing puzzles and seeing how much of this massive bread roll (remainder of which is pictured on the table) I had stashed in my desk we could fit in our mouths in one bite, then laughing when the other one started to sorta choke. Like I said, boys'll'b'boys.


By the way, he won. Seriously, he beat me bad. He also won an award at school for biggest cheeks so... guess he was the favorite. Seriously. Anyway that was my day from about 6:30-7.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment