Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MEDIC!

Good news/bad news blog,

I messed up my right ribs a bit falling down a couple weeks ago. It was causing me a lot of discomfort/sharp pain at points during the day and I was losing some sleep over the discomfort so I went to the doctor's office yesterday.

I don't mean to brag but here's how health care goes down here in Korea -

I walked the two blocks to the office.
I signed in at the front desk and I walked in immediately to see the doctor.
He's a super nice guy and speaks English very well.
He checked me out and gave me his best guess then he said he'll need to get an x-ray to confirm.
I went and got an xray in the next room and by the time I walked back to his office he had a copy.
He said that it wasn't broken, just messed up and probably a little separation. 
He said I should take two days off work, and after I was done laughing I said that wasn't possible so he said I should just take it really easy.
He printed out a prescription and said goodbye. Visit time about 12 min.
I went downstairs and got the three-day prescription in about 4 mins.

TOTAL COST for doctor's visit, x-ray, prescription: $9





$9. Outlandish. I'll probably have to go back again on Thursday or Friday, and maybe next week. But $30 for three doctors visits + meds? DEAL.

That's the good news, the bad news is that the meds make me sort of drowsy so during some classes where I normally rely on my massive reserves of energy to get the kids interested, I am just sort of zoned out and I think the kids act up to compensate for the quite hahah.

All in all I feel much better, and I just have to keep reminding myself to take it easy and I'll be fine in no time! Because of my schedule I get through the week telling myself, "Just get through Wednesday" and so by this time tomorrow I will be kickin it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment