Sunday, April 24, 2011

BACK! AND I COME BAREING GIFTS

It's me, Matt, blog,

I haven't been posting lately, my BAD, the Jack Chronicles have been kicking my butt at posting and I get overwhelmed by the cuteness and forget to check in. But I'm back.

So the ribs are doing a lot better now after the doctor's visit, and on weekends where I don't hike 5 miles. I cleaned up the apartment today and I got a traditional low lying table (like 8 inches off the ground) for the place too! It was free, and now I just need to be able to cross my legs well enough to sit at it and it'll be AWESOME. Work's been pretty decent. There is some drama with the management, and even talks of rebellion from the Korean teachers so at least that should keeps things interesting for the next couple weeks.

Yesterday I went and saw the Fast and the Furious part 5, or I think it was called 'The 5ast and 5urious'...because it's dumb... but anyway it was cheesy and entertaining and fun to watch. The Korean movie-going experience was pretty cool. It's similar to the theaters in Europe where you buy assigned seats instead of general admission style, and there are really no bad seats (like the neck breakers in the front rows of theaters in the States) so it was cool. I got some 'nachos', which was a 6 inch row of chips in a cardboard rectangle with a pretty small plastic pack of nacho cheese. Not quite the same but for $3 it was decent.
 

We'll start picture time this week with a face that Thomas makes when he thinks no one is looking which he calls, "Teacher look, squirrel."




Below is a picture from, obviously, the baseball game last week. 


 If you look  closely you can see those orange bags the fans have on their heads. Silly, silly.


This is Mir (pronounced Muer-uh) doing pretty much what Mir does most of the time.






Below is a go to time killer for test days and such when there is no assigned work to do: It's called Draw Matt Teacher. I usually start it off by drawing a sort of silly portrait of myself that make the kids giggle and then I turn the white board over to the kids and let them do their own illustrations By about minute 6 I have 9 eyes, four noses and Obama ears.


Oh on the hiking posting I said we took a picture that looks like it's a 'band photo', well this is the 5 year old Korean Trio version of a band photo! Obviously the girl on the right (Melody) is def the lead singer because she's too cool.


And let's close out with our final act, THE MAAAAAIIINN EVENT! Doing his impression of a squished face. Baha. I turned around one day and THIS was staring back at me. Goofy kid.

1 comment:

  1. "Teacher look, squirrel!" is possibly the funniest picture ever. Or at least top 10. -Laura

    ReplyDelete