Saturday, April 16, 2011

SET....HIKE!

Bad play on words, blog!

This last week was breezy. Tuesday field trip and then no school on Friday. Well we took advantage of that by going on a hike during the day on Saturday!

The mountain was pretty close, four subway stops and then about at 12 min bus ride to the base so about 30 min commute. It was a longer hike than we/I expected (I thought I signed up for a outdoors stroll, but no that sucker went straight UP) and because crappy weather and my bruised (broke, perhaps) rib we stopped about an hour away from the summit.

But still we hike for about 4 hours in total up and back down! I get along with all my coworkers (the ones who came) really well so hiking goes by pretty fast when you are laughing a lot and only carrying a water bottle. It doesn't look like it from the pictures, but the trail was PACKED with people and a lot were from the US Army. That was sort of annoying one of the best things about nature is not being around (army) people but some were really cool, a woman who saw us on the bus also gave us a bag of tiny tomatoes too!

Great use of the day off!












 







That last one was our 'band photo'. At the base of the trail was this wall with a door and windows. Nothing else besides the wall. So we thought that it looked like somewhere a band would take a photo. In case you are curious, in band photos, no one can look directly at the camera. And no smiling too.

Will be heading out in a couple hours to go to a LG Twins baseball game!! SUPA PSYCHED!!

I already watch a lot of baseball (every Pads game so far) and it def. won't be the perfect 75 degrees like it was today in SD, but I am going to bring my glove, my apitite for hot dogs and I'll be ready for some of baseball!


Blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment