Saturday, January 22, 2011

SUNSNOWDAY

 It started snowing this morning, and now it's really picking up! dah!

I went out to take this picture after layering up double time, but when I walked outside I was reminded that the previous notion that I had was wrong. I always assumed that if it was below 32 degrees there HAD to be snow. That's not true apparently. So last week when it was 5 out it didn't snow but the cold was to the bone, and today I wore like 6 layers to go out and it was around 30 and not that bad at all! I looked like a goon when people in just hoodies walked by. Anyway here's the pic. We call this walk way (insert snobby voice) "The Promenade." It is one block from our apartments and just has shops, bars, restaurants and such for two or three blocks, so I was standing in the middle of it. It looks great at night I'll get a pic of that up soon.


To the right on the bottom floor is a DUNKIN DONUTS. Sometimes known as my best friend, other times my worst enemy, it's the place that makes it way to easy for me to have a coffee and mocha donut for breakfast on or around every morning. 'S just how it is. Oh if you look closely there are green plastic palm trees on the left. That's a cool restaurant, mostly it's just good to see trees with (fake) leaves on them.

That's another thing - Where I'm from trees don't lose their leaves, and so I didn't notice that there are so many trees around because they have no leaves! Also, where are all the birds? I haven't seen a bird since I got here. Do they all migrate? Do pigeons even migrate at all? What's the deal?

Didn't mean to get that Andy Rooney on you there.

I decided to stay in today (and clean :/ )and there's no real new Korean life news besides my astonishment of snow. But before I go I'll leave you with a quick recipe for "Matt's Famous Purple Spicy Chicken Vegetable Ramen Dish Dejour"



Chop up chicken, onion, bell peppers, garlic and some bean sprouts. 

Throw that business into a skillet. Add red wine, the darker the better, and salt and pepper.

Fry till it looks like this and toss some fresh basil on top.


Throw it over some spicy ramen (pictured)


Eat.

You're welcome world.

No comments:

Post a Comment