Saturday, January 22, 2011

AQUA SEOUL

That title sounds like a waterproof shoe. Anyway

Hey blog,

Last post was sort of downeriffic so I thought I'd post something to lighten the blogmood !!


No need to look twice (baha, get it?) - that's a two headed turtle.

I feel bad for the left eye of the head closest to us. I took this at the Coex Aquarium. It's inside the COEX mall. I'm not sure exactly what the COEX Mall is but I got the feeling it is a massive massive mall, or it might be it's own self sufficient city I couldn't tell.


That's the outside, admission was sorta steep and I hear good things about the Kimchi Museum down the way somewhere in that complex, but on this day the Aquarium it was. A lot of the fish looked exotic and beautiful and the lay out was pretty interesting. Kind of a strange place, as there were rabbits, bats and a few other animals that - hate to break the news - are not in the slightest bit aquatic. Besides the choreographed underwater show for the kids featuring a scuba man dressed as a bunny rabbit (?) surrounded by fish doing underwater dances, these guys were my favorite part:



YEAH that's some piranha action. Why I took this picture and why it was my favorite was that it was in part because it was the easiest picture to take, because they don't move at all. Every last one in there was perfectly still the entire time I was watching them. I know their reputation as fierce so that's even scarier to me than the constantly trolling sharks...the piranhas are just still... waiting for the perfect moment.......


Ohkaayy g' times, hopefully this post ups my picture tally sufficiently for now. Talk to everyone soon.

MATT

1 comment:

  1. Ha! The thought of a diver dressed as a bunny cracked me up. Take a picture of your class next; we want to see those cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete