Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FOOD

Well first of all the food is delicious, that's not the point. Mostly I was just thinking today bout HOW the food in many of the restaurants here works. It's often communal. Say you are with a group of four total people, then you order between 2-4 (or more or whatever) separate plates of food and share that between the group. I suppose you could get a plate all to your self but they are sort of in appetizer form where it's all one thing - not a meat + sides if that makes sense.

Same thing for Korean BBQ where you order a specific meat and then then share that cooked meat along with the sides. It's a pretty good system but I find myself always measuring how much I've eaten compared to the rest of the group.

I saw something interesting the other day that made me start thinking about this. I was in a McDonald's (that's right, MickyD's, I had a Big Mac and it was delicious) and I saw a table of about 4 friends in their late teens or early 20's and they had each gotten a separate meal with a sandwich, fries and a drink. But they had dumped ALL their fries onto one tray and were just eating off the mound-o-fries as they went along. I just couldn't see me and my friends doing that, ever. But that's how they do it here.



This pic something called Kim-bop. It's only a couple bucks and it's a great snack. I see some radish in there (dark yellow), some egg, ham, carrot. Although with my co-workers there is something called Jay-Uke-Dup-Bop that's pretty popular. Like 3 or 4 times a week popular. Also it's made at the restaurant IN our building so that's a big draw too. I'll try to attach a pic the next time (probably soon) I get it for dinner.

Will get into more specific foods later so check back.



MATT

No comments:

Post a Comment