Thursday, January 20, 2011

CLASSES & CARD

NICE Thursday is done! Today is my toughest day, not because of the classes themselves but because there are 8 consecutively, and another later in the day. Classes are 40 min with a 5 min break to prep and get situated for the next class. So 8 in a row is about 6 hours worth of classes. Usually it's about 3 or 4 in a row then lunch, then 3 and a break or some variation of that pattern. But my Thursdays are stacked with no break.

Good news is that Fridays are pretty breezy. Headlined by a 3 hour break in the morning, I can come home and cook a decent breakfast (scrambled egg sandwich ftw) and there are a few more 45 min breaks crammed in later in the day too. Some of the classes are a little more challenging on Fridays but I don't have to keep up my energy level for extended periods of time so it balances out nicely.

You guys probably already know but tomorrow is also the qualifying round for the company wide spelling bee! I am lead judge at our school. Good thing about judging a spelling bee is that there is no judging at all they either get it or they don't. Hey Mom - I taught them E-N-C-Y-C-L-O-P-E-D-I-A! hahah. Next week is the regional round mark your calendars.

O also some good news is that yesterday I got my Foreigner's Card, the real deal form of ID here. The vital stat is that I can now open up a bank account. Equally as important it means by that soon I should have a cell phone and a Cost Co and life will be complete.


Ah side note - my manager and I went yesterday to sign up for my bank account and we chatted up the bank teller a good deal (my side was mostly smiling a lot and making banking related hand gestures) and today the teller came into sign her kids up at our school! My manager and I should go door to door recruiting! Or I could get a commission :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment