Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BACK IN RADIO CONTACT / Vacation Pics Part Uno

WELL HELLO! 

Me. And my pictures. So the week long, wait, scratch that, the four days + a weekend vacation has concluded and it was a fantastic time, very relaxing and I mostly induldged on great food, great company both of which were a welcome and needed relief from the mmmmeeeehhhh not so great weather (video). I never thought the title of this blog would indicate such a great distance as the difference in weathers during the last week of July, 2011. Yikes.

Let's Picture Time!!

Here was one of the best days:

First I finally tired this really popular bakery/coffee place called Paris Baguette. I'm pretty sure it's a large world-wide chain but none the less, for 2 bucks I had this for breakfast:


Calmly and slowly having French toast wrapped egg salad and coffee for breakfast around noon on a Tuesday? Vacation.

Next I met up with some friends for this Korean dish that's shaved ice with various fresh fruits, some cereals, a couple types of ice cream and as a side-kick, some Kahlua & Coffee. 


After that we moseyed back to Insadong district to check out one of the largest temples around. It was monsoon-ing so we would periodically get stuck under an overhang for a while but either way it was a beautiful former royal compound.




After the wetness-ises of trudging around the compound we stopped at a fancy-pants tea house. I think I got Red Papaya or something flavor but most notably it came in such a snazzy presentation: the waitress poured the tea form the lil teapot into the bowl slowly, then she poured the tea into the teacup for you for the first serving. After all those steps I very impressed (with myself as well for being at such an establishment) that I said to the tea-server, quoting my wonderful Aunt Linda, "Oh, hey now!" And those mini cookies delicious.


Here's part one, I'll be back again for part two soon!

1 comment:

  1. yay! finally we hear about what you've been up to! I'm so happy you got to indulge on your vaycay :) French Toast wrapped in bacon? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete