Tuesday, August 23, 2011

COOKIN CLASS, BEAUTIFUL DAY INDOORS

Hello Good Evening!

I was greeted by this miraculous day outside on my 30 second walk to work. I was the first real-deal beautiful day we've had in weeks and, although there are no windows at work for which to enjoy it, the sight was a breath of fresh, barely humid air to kick start the day.


Today was the second-to-last day of 'Intensive' month and it was action packed. During second period I had only one student, the 7 year-old Erica, and we had a 'cooking class'. I was worried when my manager gave me the recipe that morning before class because, if you can read it below, we were making a real-deal 'Ubu' or fried bean curd.


Those are a lot of ingredients! Especially for a seven-year old girl and myself to tackle in 40 minutes. I was worried when I walked into the room where we were going to have class. Good thing though, the only thing in the room was small bowl of rice, the Udu wraps, and half a pack of processed ham wrapped in saran wrap. So we (I) cut up the ham, clumsily mixed the two together. We still had a great time though making, and absolutely eating, the Udu:







No comments:

Post a Comment