Thursday, August 25, 2011

HALF-DAY, PRE-SCHOOLERS, CAKE

Well hello again,

I just made some great bbq chicken wings in my new toaster oven and they were delicious. More on that soon but for now I have more pictures from my day to share. The morning kindergarten kids went on a field trip to an in-door sand playground of some sorts, but I didn't have to go so that was awesome. After heading in to work about lunch time I decided to eat lunch in the right classroom, because it was one girl's birthday! Check out the cake:


You can tell it's the birthday of the girl above, Angelina, because she is not dressed for a field trip to the sand palace. The cake was some sort of fancy pink cake with white chocolate on top.





This photo was taken shortly after the question, "Who wants chocolate?" 

The only other notable portion of my day was my pre-school class. Notable because for once it was a well-oiled, well run, well participated-in class. Quick my-life-in-teaching side story: There are five kids, two boys and one girl. One of the boys is really not ready for school yet. He's smart and sharp when he does work, but he usually just plugs and then runs the sinks over in the bathroom, licks other people's chairs and desks, puts small objects inside his mouth for a while and then spits them at classmates, steals, the standard issue drawing on tables and walls, and he'll hide under the desks for the most part of class until I go get a Korean teacher to ask him to come out. All in one class, every class. It's tough because my Korean co-teacher for the class doesn't have the same problems because she can just say in Korean what to do, also tough because I can't spend much time focusing on the other students.

Well today that boy was absent. I practically did a tap dance. It's amazing how much I can teach the other kids when I can actually teach the other kids. I got them to make the jump from just vocab words to small sentences in 40 minutes today! I even had time to take pictures.





Above are Diane in white, Sunny in pink, and Jenny in yellow. Brilliant kids.


Lastly is the other boy in the pre-k class. His name is Daniel and he doesn't do much work, but he also doesn't bother anyone else so I let it slide. He also thinks, or at least says, that his name is "My Name Is".  took this picture today of this because we go through this routine every class:

1. I hand him an empty paper cup of water. 2. He tries for a while to drink out of the nothing. 3. Confused, he looks at me blankly. 4. I laugh and put water in it. 5 He takes one sip, swallows, and then dumps the rest on the floor. 5. I clean it up.


Should be a mundane weekend, have a little vacation planned for the weekend after I'd like to save for but hopefully we'll talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment