Monday, July 4, 2011

PICS FROM THE PAST WEEK (part one: mostly cooking)

Happy Monday, blog! Think it's some date in early July but I forget if it has significance.

Not much happening, one teacher is on 1 month vacation back in the states and we have 2 new teachers (one foreign and one Korean) roaming the halls. They both seem (after 1 day) great. Tomorrow we have a field trip to a farm! So I'll report back on that. I've gotten rained on a lot. Turns out, you need to own an umbrella in Korea and my San Diego 'nah I have a hoodie' attitude will not suffice. Oh, it will not suffice.

We'll lets get a'picturein' eh?


There is one class at 7pm with 12 and 13 year olds, I don't teach the class but every time I walk by I make this face in the window. Mostly because it's 7pm and I've been working since 9, but also because they seemed to like it. Then my school put up this poster, an advertisement for a movie at which ECC students get a big discount, and they students came running up to me saying that I was on the poster. Do you see the resemblance??? Also now they call me Angry Bird Teacher.


This one of the Big 3 (different meals I cook myself). I have a rice maker on loan for the month, first off. Then I grill up onions and some green peppers that are really popular and cheap here, throw some of that (low-carb!) sweet and sour sauce on there and wrap them in some sesame seed leafs. Pretty delicious! Those leafs are also less than a dollar for about 20. Problem is, what am I going to do with 20 leafs? That's one of them fancy 'good problems'.

OH but also on loan from my co-teacher who went to the states is a toaster oven. He also gave me some fancy pants mustard. So I bought some cheese and made this:


Alright it's not the healthiest meal, and, yes I put grilled onions and those green peppers in everything I cook. I think the fancy mustard (called A L'Ancienne - Old Style Dijon Mustard (!)) makes this so tasty.

I have more pics but I'm pretty beat, update again soon. Hope everyone's 4th is safe, miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment