Monday, July 11, 2011

CHICKEN FEET ALMOST KILLED ME

We took out our new co-worker last weekend and it was a great time. However instead of doing the American tradition of hitting up a Denny's or a similar pancake-and-or-grease-specific place after the bars closed, we decided to head out and have chicken feet.

The feet are the deep fried things in the moddle, served with cold soup, egg loaf and rice/seaweed mixture.

The texture was fine. I wasn't too worried about it being gross or anything (they remove the talons and deep fry it) but I ate a few pretty quickly. But what no one told me was that chicken feet are notoriously one of the spiciest Korean dishes. It was devastatingly spicy. It almost ended my ability to feel tongue feelings. I had to walk it off. I had to re-think my whole 'liking food' notion. I stuck to rice and noodles after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment