Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FIELD TRIP (PART 2?)

Got a little sun burned today blog,

The kindergarten took a field trip to pick the potatoes that we planted a few months back. I am assuming that I took pics of the last trip and posted them but I can't find the post!! Pretty good blog administration huh?



 
I took these first pics because the buses got lost on one-way-back-ally-in-the-sticks roads, got start though and it's always good when the field trips run a little late.













So in our previous trip ALL that farm land was empty and just dirt. I was pretty surprised by the enormous growth all around! Also, what I learned was that when the idea is to have a field trip where the school unearths potatoes: the kids aren't the ones who will be doing all the work. The three of us male teachers dug up the whole 10x8 plot for about 20 min and threw the potatoes around those boxes while everyone else watched. When we were finished the kids came over and put the potatoes into the boxes! So it was good though, exercise, some sun finally, only I wasn't able to snag any potato loot. Oh also there were some farm animals around:


No comments:

Post a Comment