Saturday, July 16, 2011

TRANSLATIONS

Keeping it mellow this weekend, so thus far this has been the highlight of my Saturday:

I bought a 5 dollar lid to my frying pan, I was having second thoughts, by then I got mind-convinced by the blurb at the bottom, check it out:


That's right, I'M CHOSEN!!

Similarly lost in translation was when our in-class assignment was to draw what you wanted to be when you grew up. This was one 8 year old's interpretaiton:


I used to hate that question as a kid so I just let him keep on wanting to be some sort Lightning King with a day dream of being a building/parking garage with out any hassle from my end. 

Lastly, I also got a second set of silverware as well tonight. It was 3 bucks for one knife, one spoon and one fork. But when I opened the knife I realized that 'knife' might not have been the exact term for it.



That above is where, in traditional and generally accepted cutlery fashions, the blade should have been located. Instead it's just a continuation of the flattened piece of metal theme established at the handle. I think what made it more ridiculous was the thick steak on the cardboard cover; that knife would have about as much affect as a match in a blizzard against a steak like that one. Dollar not well spent but ah well, get em' next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment