Thursday, March 22, 2012

THE LAST WEEK.

Not like, my last week here or anything, but you know, the last 6 days.

And they've been packed! Saturday I went to a St. Paddy's Day festival for foreigners in south east Seoul. Here are 'Korean U2" preforming:


Below is half the amphitheater where the event took place. The gentleman front and center is getting ready to make an obscene gesture at the camera, not on this blog sir!






Sunday and Monday were pretty uneventful and were most likely spent cleaning my apartment. Still without a phone or internet so that's pretty much my only hobby (yes, Mom and Dad, 'it's about time').

Tuesday I got my Alien Registration Card which means I can get a phone, internet, health insurance, and a bank account. It's like turning 16, 18 and 21 all at once so I went to get wings with some friends to celebrate.

Then Wednesday was my bday! Thanks to everyone who sent along well wishes. My co-teachers (the best in Korea for my money) took me out to dinner. We went to a well known chicken place down the street where the have the chicken turning on a rotisserie outside the establishment on the street so everyone can see and smell those tasty birds. We got the most spicy thing on the menu  and it was tasty even if i had to take a breather after every bite!



THen as the night was winding down and I was getting ready to head home my co-teachers dropped a "Let's go to Itaewon!" on me. That's the in/famous foreigner district. I'm not one to turn that down so they picked up a cake and we headed to a bar because they wanted me to teach them darts. 




These are my fantastic co-teachers. Je Yun and Je Yong (oooooooorr Serena and Amy to me haha). 


Don't mean to brag but I had to hit the bulls eye to win in the last round and I nailed it. No biggie. Victory Kiss.
 

We ended the night pretty early (twas a school night) but what I love about my neighborhood is that when you come out of the subway there is a place for street musicians to set up and these guys were particularly great!


By Monday I SHOULD have a phone, internet, and my first paycheck. TIME TO BE A REAL PERSON AGAIN!!!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment