Friday, September 9, 2011

GOOD FRIDAY

For the afore-mentioned Chuseok I received some gifts, check them out:


The bottles are Korean apricot wine, and were from the head company and given to the male teachers...the female teachers got fancy tuna. I think it's a pretty cool gift mostly because the last two were sets of 10 tooth paste bottles and two soaps. I mean 20 tubes of tooth paste is great, but 30? Cmon.


These little rice cakes were a gift from one of my afternoon students. I only ate one (pictured below) but it was a very thoughtful and great gift. 




Lastly I cooked dinner for some co-workers + girlfriends last night. I made two plates of this stir-fried sesame and chicken dish with (the traditional and popular Korean) sesame leaves (used to make a little taco) and rice with an egg on top and then some wings with my awesome new toaster oven and a broccoli+cheese+olives appetizer.


I forgot to take pics of the other stuff but it was a relaxing way to end the week and start up the vacation! There's supposed to be a typhoon-like-weather this weekend but I'll try to do something cool and post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment