Sunday, April 1, 2012

THE DMZ

Another teaser title, not the actual DMZ. Sorry to say that post might never come, not big into venturing close to that place sorry guys! But this DMZ is a divide that's gone on way longer than the confict between the two Koreas.


This is a picture from the after-school class of only about 14 6th grade studetns my co teacher has on Thursdays. I was at my desk when I heard the students schuffling in and when I looked up not only had the divided themselves by gender, but they also a put an entire desk between the groups. My co-teacher was quick to point out the they had created their very own DMZ in between them. I laughed pretty hard but the students just got super quite like if they said anything to acknowledge this my co-teacher might force the to integrate, horrific as that would be.

Here are some pictures of a project we did in class where the students had to bring in pictures of a well known person and write a brief summary.





We tried to hang them up according to where the person was born (insert over-played Obama birther joke). 



And may I present the over-achiever award, Dumbledore!


Most of the others were Korean KPop singers,your Kim Yu-Na the ice skater. Also, there were a lot of Angry Birds. 




The weekend was fun, went to a bowling ally but it was filled up, last night I watched a few hours of rugby, today I bought a bunch of groceries but just ended up making pasta. You know what there are 3 or 4 markets within in walking and they all have slight variations of goods, so I have to think what I want to buy and then compare and contrast, maybe go so far as to make a ven diagram, powerpoint and an excel spreadsheet... but what else is there to do on a nice lazy Sunday!?

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment