Monday, April 2, 2012

IT'S SNOWING. LIKE HERE AND NOW.

I took the umbrella pictures below this morning to talk about that culture here in Seoul. Everyone has an umbrella at all times. If you don't have one people give you dirty looks, my co teacher made me take one from the lost and found at school for my arduous three minute walk home. At the bar last weekend us high and mighty foreigners started talking about how we are not wimps and we can walk a few hundred yards in the rain with out an umbrella per day no big deal. Then I found out yesterday that the Koreans believe that there is radiation in the rain from the Japanese earthquake last year and THAT'S why they do it. Ahhhhh so today I brought my umbrella no questions asked.


THEN today starting about 10:00 it SNOWED! And it kept going for three hours! The first time that it's snowed in Seoul in the last 19 (or, one Tony Gwynn) years. Also, I found out that taking a picture of sparsely falling snow is not easy to do, so sorry if the two pictures above don't accurately capture that it was, in fact, snowing today.

LIVE BLOG UPDATE: I was in the middle of typing this post at work (I have four straight hours off Tuesday and Thursdays to 'lesson plan' which I finish on Fridays and Mondays so don't judge me) and some students dropped by with a gift!


You might recognize Rachel on the far left from a previous post, and those are a few of her classmates from class 6-2. Today I had asked them in the morning what the rest of their class schedule was like today and they told me that they had a class called "Productive Class" which I think means something along the lines of home-ec. Maybe they saw my eyes light up when they said that they would be making sandwiches, maybe they just like me, either way they dropped by to deliver me this present!

No comments:

Post a Comment