Sunday, February 13, 2011

VACATION, part II

How's it going, blog?

Sunday night! Didn't do anything outlandish or newsworthy Friday or Saturday, I'll still use the cold as an excuse...because it is cold. Seriously. My knuckles are always ice cubes, my cheek bones need personal defrosters, my sizable forehead is like a frost net.

But today was g'times! I went to a meeting of the Seoul Book Swap, where one goes to do as the name implies. It's at a westerner pub in the westerner neighborhood of Itaewon, where the American military base is located. There were a handful of American and Europeans there, no one really my age though, and maybe two dozen books that either people brought or maybe were left there. They were for the most part all crime, mystery, but that what I brought too.

I picked up two books (I over-swapped) and had lunch, possibly some chili cheese fries, and a couple of beers with a friend of mine. He's the one who told me about it, and also he goes to the Seoul Improv Troupe that meets just down the street. So we wasted a couple hours around the neighborhood and then we went to the Imrpov thing and it was a blast. Probably 15 Americans hanging out, was my first time so I sorta stumbled through but it was still cool to be around that many (well funny people but also) Americans. Hopefully go to em again next week but we'll see.

On to the PICTURES....












Hahah Ya like that last one!? That's right - I went to a beautiful, serene and historic river in South Korea and I RODE AN ATV DOWN IT! U-S-A! U-S-A! That was a ton of fun and those things go pretty fast. Also if you'll notice in the picture of me eating (a beef dish called Bulgogie at a small restaurant in town where the owner (pictured) let us watch him cook the meal) that I haven't mastered the crossed-legs-under-the-low-level-table method. I thus have to make like a tripod stance with my other arm to get that low and eat. The other ones are the place where we stayed and that Garden of Morning Calm. Oh and the first one is of my second head, Zach.

That's it for this week in updates. Stay tuned, even with Baby Jack's oncoming (and much awaited!) cuteness that will undoubtedly take over literally the entire internet, I'll still be posting here and there. Also guys don't be shy to pipe-in in the comments section if you have any questions or comments, spelling corrections, generalities, facts, suggestions, tidbits, quotes, sonnets, critiques, trivia or any other statements.

BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment