Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TYPHOON BOLAVEN -- The Great Leaf Massacre of 2012

I mean it was windy and stuff. The tree outside my window got its butt kicked a few noticeable times. I went out for Tuesday (Typhoon!) Trivia and my umbrella got wrecked on the walk to and from the subway. But that was about it. Lots of trees lost their leaves on 8/27/12...never forget...


GOOD NEWS was that the school let all the teachers out at 11. Above is a picture of the clouds before I left. I heard some schools got let out at 12 or one, and one school let the female teachers out at 11 and the male teachers out at 12 for some odd reason.

Below is the tree outside my window, during probably the worst of it all. (Note: I don't know why these pics are such bad quality. Riddle me that, 'Siri'.


I was just a little worried though because if one branch fell it might hit this mess of power lines and then I would prob lose power and that would be a drag. Total drag. Probably would not have been a big deal comparatively (sorry, Gulf Coast) but just saying.


So everybody, BACK TO WORK.
  .

Tonight us subject teachers are having a dinner to welcome/initiate a new member. Rumor has it of a Bennigans into a karaoke sorta night. Outrageous, I know!




No comments:

Post a Comment