Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hey guys, wanna come over and check out my Vacation Slideshow?!

 And it's over! By that I mean vacation as well as the first semester/ 1/2 of this year's teaching contract.

The biggest difference between this year's summer vacation and last years -- The last one was four days, from Tuesday - Friday, plus a weekend. This year's was 2.5 weeks!! This year however, like last year I didn't venture far outside of Seoul. Read: I didn't leave, and chilled. I still stayed busy-ish! Five books and a lot of trekking around town later I'm feeling pretty good about the time spent.

I think I'll just chronologically go through the pictures on my camera and use them as bullet points for to cover the 12 business days of chilling bliss. Enjoy!

1. My friend's balcony has a great view to kick start the break.





2. The Korean McDonald's ambitiously added timers.

2.5 My food came as the sand ran out and my sever was deeply satisfied at his team's efficiency.

3. Apparently the weather can change pretty quickly in Korea.


4. I had a lot of time to learn the bus routes as alternatives to my favorite destinations! ... Think I'll prob stick to the subway though. The buses were decently quick but I was doing this on weekday afternoons and traffic wasn't really a factor. Around the area it works well though.


5. This might not look like 6 bucks and change. But it is. 


6.  Running through my neighborhood, I think I stumbled upon the entrance to the Bat Cave.



7. Nights gave me lots of time to make stupidly easy dinners look nice.

 8.  There is a SECOND part to the fortress wall by my house. It's longer and way cooler.



 8.5 There speakers that quietly play jazz throughout the walking route.


 
 8.75 When I run very very red faced. This makes the locals nervous.






9. This, plus heat and some cheese equals...

 This!

10. Literally 10 min after saying "Wow My Padres are on fire!" I looked up and say that also my neighborhood was on fire as well.



11. Returning to the fortress wall area proved useful, as there was a museum at the base of the wall.






12. Again, lot's of time eating.


13.  Broke my own personal Words With Friends high school not once....


14. Got a chance to absorb almost every game that My Pad's played. And surprise surprise they did pretty well over the last two weeks!


15. BUT TWICE!!!!


16. I found out that four hours, half a bottle of Windex, an entire roll of paper towels, and $2 worth of coffee will get my apartment the cleanest it's every been. I have it PRETTY MUCH set up! Speakers, coffee maker, little lamp, clock, table, kitchen is pretty much set. Still no TV but that's no big thing. Also you can see my couch ---- that couch is a beast. It's so comfortable, I can't go anywhere near it if there's something to be accomplished in my day less I succumb to napsthedayawya disease.






BOOM! 1ST SEMESTER FINISHED! 
Back at it.







1 comment:

  1. Loved looking at your pictures! That sand timer is hilarious! All the food looked fantastic. I love how "unsexy" played a part in your WWF high score...nice clean apartment!!

    ReplyDelete