Friday, May 4, 2012

CHILDREN'S DAY!



Today was 'Children's Day' which in elementary schools means its a sports day. What it mostly means is that I got to wear basketball shorts to work, I had the day off and I got to enjoy the festivities. I know it's been a while since I posted so I tried to take as many pictures and videos as I could! ENJOY!!



The day was divided into two sections: kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th graders and then later 2nd, 4th and 6th graders. The

Below are some of the 5th graders. The would break up into groups of four or five and race for about 60 yards. After the crossed the finish line they would get a stamp corresponding to their placement. Later on I got to do the stamping...with my own twist!


Here's video of what a few of the races looked like.




Then came the gold old fashioned game of 75 vs 75 Tug-O-War!



As you can see the 5th graders would root for other teams. At one point the kindergartners came and sat down and the expression on this students face below pretty much sumerizes what it's like to around a couple hundred screaming upperclassmen.


After I while I just started making silly faces to the younger students. This girl in particular decided to give me a dose of my own medicine. 


 After that it was time for me to be a judge. I got to give the stamp to the first place students. However how would they know to come to me if they won? My co-teacher Amy and I decided on a simple method to help the students out. 



And lastly is a picture that I have sent to many of my friends and co-workers and everyone seems to love it. This is one of my fifth grade students and, if you look closely on his hand you can see he came in third place. This might be the happiest third place finish in history .



No comments:

Post a Comment