Tuesday, June 7, 2011

INSADONG DAY OFF

Happy Memorial Day, blog!

The Korean Memorial Day is a week after the US one, so we had no school on Monday and for dinner I decided to walk around a neighborhood called Insadong. I've been there once before, and I sort of accidentally went back but this time (I thought I'd pick a new place to look around but I forgot and got off at Insadong's stop instead), so I walked the opposite direction of the all the shops and here are some pics of what I found.



 Below is a long ally of restaurants I found, that one would never otherwise know was there. And that's also what I don't really understand is that it seems like in Korea there are dozens of the same style restaurants in the area, and some will be packed and others won't be. I don't see the difference yet!


This was also a nice surprise. It looks like what it is, a small river with a pretty nice walk way on either side:






After the river I went looking for a bathroom and I saw what I thought was a subway entrance but instead I found this MASSIVE (and empty because of the holiday) underground mall. There were some shops open but since no one was down there most of those shop keepers were hanging out and playing cards. That's another thing about how safe this country is: A person had left their jewelry shop unatteneded and was most likely three doors down playing cards. 


Next I found this park:


And around one turn was a big group of older men playing GO, the board game, which looks pretty complicated. 





Ah, even though I went looking for dinner I opted out for this:


MMMM this is by far my favorite street food in Korea: Meat with veggies, bbq'd up and only $2. So naturally I got two and that held me over.


Been feeling awesome lately it feels like every other week we've had a day off! Think that might be the last one for another six or seven weeks, so I'll just have to make use of the weekends!

Be well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment