Saturday, July 28, 2012

Second Half of "Hollywood Week" Summer Camp

Finished! This week FLEW by incredibly fast, I think finishing at noon + afternoon nap helps a lot. As for the camp, this week's crew of 18 students are finished and next week's batch will start on Monday. I hear that there are more 6th graders and less 3rd and 4th graders so hopefully some aspects will run smoother.







Above are the snacks! Caramel popcorn curtsey of my Co Teacher Amy ("So easy! But I hate cooking and now I'm tired.") Also home-stirred peach and lemonade. Also a little something I learned from my first grade science fair: chocolate and cereal crushed to together, held tightly for to melt, and cooled in a fridge to make a nice crunch ball!





Oh also a funny story - the portable stoves didnt have any gas loaded in them! So we sent a 5th grader out to the store to get some hahah Korea is THAT SAFE that we can do that. Anyway he's a sweet kid and he comes sprinting back into the room after 10 min and breathlessly (in Korean) says "They... wont... sell gas to a minor" haha especially true at 9:30 in the morning i suppose.


Me getting ready to sell snacks with my bow-tie, also my students are currently heckling me for taking a pic of myself...LIKE THEY DON'T DO THE SAME THING. 


Aftermath. We finally got around to watching a movie -- 'Despicable Me'.

Below are pics from the last day - we MAY have run out of ideas so here are the boys playing Go Fish and the girls, having finished their Fish game, playing a good old fashioned version of Pick Up Your Smallest Friend and Swing Them (patient pending...). 



This week has been also great because of the down time. I had time to make the treck to Itaewon to get some fresh(ly frozen) corn tortillas, cilantro and canned chipotle to make this lime and tequila marinaded shrimp tacos with chiptole yogurt sauce for my payday meal.



Keeping it chill this weekend. Week two of camp coming up them IT'S BREAK TIME!!! Any good book or TV show recommendations are more than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment