Monday, June 25, 2012

NAMHAE!

I have no idea where the last week has gone. Been a busy 10 days!

Two weekends ago I went to Namhae Beach. That's located on the south cost of Korea:


I went with about 7 people that I knew - we took a 7:30 bus that arrived in the town of Namhae at about 11:45ish. We were only SSHHH'd once, and the bus was REALLY comfortable so it wasn't bad at all. There are about 3 foreign teachers in that town who have opened their doors to people coming to stay over -- partially because they are the ONLY three foreigners and they enjoy company. The next day we took a bus about 30 min to the beach:



The Saturday was spent in the water, eating ramen in lawn chairs under trees, playing football and just generally relaxing and enjoying the beach. A friend of mine took these pics with some filter or something on there - the weather was pretty great actually, prob better than it looks here.

At the beach we met up with two or three other small groups and then the 20?ish of us headed to ANOTHER beach about twenty minutes away where one of the guys helps out a kayaking business. Now THIS town had nothing. I mean rice patties, electricity, probably 30 residents and that's it. 



That night we all chipped in $10 and cooked up some fish and ramen (yes, more ramen). Also that $10 bought A LOT of fireworks.





That was followed by a large bonfire with, yup, smores and music. We all slept at a pension, which is Korean for room with mattresses that fits 15 people. 


I just found this picture on  my phone -- uh this is me checking out the extent of my sunburn -- which was minimal, don't worry, Mom.

Later that day we hung out at the second beach for a while and ate our third and final round of ramen and hard boiled eggs for breakfast.




 Then it was off for an hour of kayaking out to sea! It was pretty fun, best part was getting out there and soaking your feet for a while. 



This is me and a friend kayaking, what sticks out to me (literally) in this picture is my knees. The ONE place i forgot to sunscreen was my knee caps. Walking last week was a bit tricky at times.



Finally here's the whole group waiting at the bus stop to go home! The bus ride home after 48 hours at Namhae eating only ramen, beverages, smores and sand was to say the least a bit quieter!




No comments:

Post a Comment