Sunday, June 3, 2012

THE LAST 3 DAYS





The picture above was taken after school. I had to 'desk warm' for six hours... so after five hours worth I was pretty bored. I went outside and hung out with the 6th grade boys. They are obsessed with my iPhone (we are all saying 'iPhone' in the picture) and I showed them some basketball street-ball moves for the last hour of the day.

Why I had to desk warm was because of another sports day, or "ah teacher I'm very sad, today is running day" to the students. Thus instead of five straight classes I only had two classes. And in one of those we had a birthday party for half the class!

Flash back to 2nd period on Friday. It's the boy in the blue shirt's actual birthday, but that the school provides cakes for all the June birthdays:


The first picture is myself and the June birthday students making my famous "Angry Bird" face. And the last picture is the aftermath.


Friday night I went with a group of friends to try and find a restaurant that has a 'river' of makkegoli (it's like an adult sprite drink that's very popular in Korea) that runs through the restaurant and you supposedly dip you cup into it. Sanitary? Maybe not. But either way when we found it one of the employees was walking outside and he, rather crassly, told us they were full.

On to Saturday night. I went to the Red Bull BC 1 break dancing competition finals in the south of Seoul. It was awesome. There were beat boxers and the guy who won was great, but the best part was after when the DJ started playing and everyone in the crowd could start breaking in little groups. A friend of mine was nice enough to invite me along with their group of break dancing friends and they were all cool and really good at things that I'm pretty sure would permanently alter my spine if attempted  -- oh and one of them even lived on Mississippi street!


Then on Sunday, so, today, I went on a little trek right (I mean right) by my house to an old section of the Seoul City fortress wall. I found this while I was jogging (exercise brag drop!) this past week. It was a gorgeous day and it only takes about 20ish minutes to make the steep climb. As usual all along the way there's exercise equipment, at the top there's a dog park and a badminton court. And at the VERY top there's a guarded military installation.


For those of you following along at home with super magnifying computers, my house is centered in this picture below, just above the deepest part of the tree line and next to the blue triangle building. If that matters. Below that is the sign that's at the top of the fortress wall. Also there's a little cart with snacks and water and a LOT of retired people getting their Sunday exercise -- a few of them 'Cage'd' me on the way up as well haha.




This is what I made for dinner -- before the parsley was added. There are three stores around and only one of them has fresh shrimp and rarely at that, so when it's in stock I pretty much have to.

Wednesday is Memorial Day here! Back to back four day work weeks? Breezy.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment